With summer gone and fall right around the corner, it’s so important to take some time to take care of your home before the snow flies! Many homeowners know how critical it is to take care of your home come spring; but most don’t know that autumn is just as important a season for preparing your home for the seasons to come.
By making annual home check-ups as part of your annual fall routine, you can identify potential problems before they arise, and help prepare your home for whatever our winter season has to offer.
We’ve compiled a list of our favourite tips for your home maintenance checklist this fall:
- Check your heating sources! Have your chimney, fireplace and furnace inspected before an issue can arise; and don’t forget to check your furnace filter and replace if necessary
- Check outdoor gutters and drains for any damage and ensure they are free from leaves or any debris that may block them
- Insulate water pipes that are exposed to freezing temperatures and turn off water supply to all of your outdoor faucets
- Check your electrical outlets inside and outside – ensure you do not overload your electrical outlets
- Examine the exterior of your home and your roof for any potential problems or damage
- Prep your lawn! Rake your leaves, cut your grass short, and aerate your yard to prevent your lawn and garden beds from suffocating. Fertilizing and winterizing your grass and plants will allow your greenery to enter winter properly nourished.
- Lastly, check and ensure your smoke detectors and carbon monoxide detectors are working properly
These are just a few ways you can prepare your home this fall season! By taking these steps, you can get your home and family ready for whatever winter may send your way.
We are here to inform and educate you to keep you and your family protected; it’s our PEAK Promise!